This event will consider a regional approach and agenda for raising the profile of Community Development in the region
Conference objectives are;
- A reflection on how the world has changed referencing the post Brexit landscape and rise in hate crime etc
- A focus on the voice, profile and definition of CD, including the use of case studies that explain what CD is and how it can be supported
- An effort to seek out new conversations e.g. to reach out to new models and constituencies of practice such as community organisers, the emerging work of the Empowered Communities Project, community economic development
- To generate a mandate from the event to drive further activity and explore sustainability of a regional CD appraoch and refreshed CDNL
- The need for a critical and independent voice
- The need to involve local authorities
0930 Registration and networking
1000 Welcome and introductions
1005 policy context: empowered communities 2020 speakers
1020 Keynote Speaker - Matthew Ryder TBC
1040 Q&A to panel
1115 Comfort Break
1130 Case Study 1:Camden CVS
Case Study 2:Boutagu
Case Study 3: Health organisation or Local Authority tbc
1200 Q&A to panel
1230 Mapping /social networking exercise
1400 Introduction and afternoon session
1405 World cafe discussion on how to raise the profile of CD across London
Suggested discussion topics could follow the objectives we have set ourselves
- How do recent national and global chnages such as Brexit, hate crime etc impact on CD?
- How we rasie the collective voice of CD?
- What is the most useful way of defining CD? How broad or narrow?
- What new conversations and constituencies of practice do we need to reach out to?
- How do we ensure a critical CD practice?
- How do we support and collaborate with councils?
1515 Group feedback - summary of key points
1545 Ways Forward - discussion on areas of consensus and next steps
1630 Close and networking